Interviewing is hard and uses a lot of muscles that don’t get much flexing in every-day work. As such, I felt the need to create a plan to work out these muscles to get back in fighting shape.
Create a good resume
If you can’t sell yourself, you won’t get a chance to prove yourself.
So write a good resume. Doesn’t need to be fancy, but does need to get the job done.
Practice for interviews
Sites I like
Languages I want to learn / use
Do > 1 non-trivial (medium/hard+) question a day, alternating sites each time, and languages each day.
What I look for in a company
- Opportunities for professional learning and growth
- Is the team smart?
- Are we working on cool and interesting things?
- Do we have the power to make an impact?
- Pragmatic, upbeat culture
- I want to like where I work.
- I want to like the people I work with.
- I want to make bank.
- Scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.